Moving Furniture/Bradington Young

I have just purchased a Bradington Young leather reclining chair.  I can't fit it through the door of the room I want to put it in.  Is there a way to take apart the chair so that I can get it in there?  I cannot return the chair.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi Mary
So I'm hoping some one is handy over there. But before that Will ask a couple of questions because believe it or not it happens. Sometimes some one tries to deliver there own products and just aren't good in Tetris. So are the arms lower then the width of the door? If they are that means they could fit through the door. So if we haven't done this you would place the item in a way so the arm height will be going through the door width way. you would go as far as you can place a blanket between the leather and the door frame so no damages So the back leg should be close to the frame might be tight so you want to push the back into the door frame while rotating the legs through the door. This is only if you have not tried this option.
Different recliners have different attachments but all recliners come in two. Its just which one is yours. Can you send a pick? Would help.
Now for the work
If its this model.
Tools. Flat head screw driver , rachet set or wrench maybe.
The back fabric is like a flap its either velcroed or stapled . If velcro you should have pulled it saw the bolts unattach and boom done.But I'm assuming you don't have this velcro so you will have to take that flat head screw driver or a staple remover and remove all staples that hold that flap. Once removed you'll see 2 bolts on either side holding the top on. Remove those bolts and your good to go. Good Luck. Send me picks if you can. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few