Moving Furniture/Fitting 80" sofa through 80.5" doorway

Question
I wanted to know if it's possible to fit an 80" sofa through 80.5" doorway.  Every couch I've moved in/out had to fit through the doorway standing up on it's side since there is a hallway outside and inside the entryway so it's too narrow to carry it in lengthwise.  Is half an inch enough clearance to squeeze it through?  I'm a little nervous about purchasing it but I love it.  Please let me know as soon as you can.  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Alexa
You better be correct about that height of the door. Did you figure in the trim? Remember this is wood we have to be exact when your talking hairs. Plus the arm height has to be lower then the width of the door so they can maneuver
For an easier delivery I would place a long blanket they can stand the sofa on to make it easier to slide it through difficult turns and spaces. Also the measurements online state they are approximates not exact call the store find out if its exactly 80. The reason lets say they get to your house and the sofa with padding comes out to 81. Do you still have to keep the sofa do you lose your delivery charge find these things out. Hate for you to take a gamble and there numbers were wrong. Peace Love and Happiness  

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer