I am hoping you can help me. I am considering purchasing a sofa set and would like to be sure it will fit through an average 35' door. The exact measurements are 41' Tall, 38'in width, and 85'long. The arms are lower than the back.

Thank you very much.

ANSWER: Hi Karen
When buying online you'll notice alot of companies state this is approximate measurements. You see the height measurements are for where your putting it in your home not for moving purposes . You'll need to call the company and ask them if the legs come off and what the height would be from wood to wood . There measurements are from floor to the top of the squeezable cushion. With the numbers you have no it won't fit, but I'm pretty sure the height is not 41 unless its a certian style and in that case I'll need a picture so I can see the sofa. Peace Love and Happiness

My furniture
My furniture  
QUESTION: Please see the attached picture

Hi Karen
Boy you know how to pickem. Now it depends who makes this set. I know Ashleys set the legs come off. But its a difficult piece. There is no squeezing it in because the back is all wood and it will get scratched up. The measurements on this piece are exact except we need to find out about the legs.
So if the legs come off you'll gain 3 to 4 inches but if you notice the frontboard has a structure that goes down almost to the floor. If there are no sharp turns before or after entry and the legs at least come off you have a 70% chance of it fitting because now your relying on the delivery men to know what to do. Not an easy job and if the right people are not delivering it and it becomes tight they could either damage the furniture or your home. The other problem you could have is that when my guys delivered and it was going to be close I would have the customer sign a waiver . If you sign that waiver they can damage your home and furniture and not be held accountable . So be careful either way you go and good luck.
The delivery men would have to pick the sofa up on one arm facing the front door and the bottom arm would need to go through first while slowly angling the sofa the opposite way then once that arm has cleared start bringing that side up while the other side comes down and rotates through the door also while keeping the other arm up in the air. You'll need to have a 110 foot ceiling for this to work. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few