Moving Furniture/Abel sofa

Would like to get this sofa and I think it will fit but my other half is not so sure! In my experience they can be a few cm shorter than advertised but this is what the Habitat website says for the Abel 3 seater. The legs are removable apparently.

Assembled dimensions: W195 x H83 x D85cm.
Seat height: 48cm.
Diagonal depth: 108cm.
Diagonal height: 195cm.
Seat depth: 59cm.

Doorway is 192 by 69 cm, a narrow hallway on one side and the living room where we want the sofa on the other. My approach would be to turn the sofa up on one of the arm ends and wiggle it through with the L shape between seat and back facing one side of the door frame, if that makes sense!

Almost does not count in horse shoes and sofa's. Sofa's don't wiggle , bend, shimmy,or squeeze. Its wood. The only thing you can do is call the company find out the true height of the sofa without the legs and cushions. From wood to wood. You also want to turn the sofa in a narrow hallway which won't happen if the hallway is not wider then then 54 inches so you have the room to turn. Your other half is right with these numbers and if you have any sharp turns before or after entry this will not fit. I'm pretty sure Ruth that you don't like it when the other half is right so I do believe you'll try it any way. Good Luck Hope I'm wrong. Peace Love and Happiness

QUESTION: Thanks Paul, I'll ask the question. We wouldn't need to turn the sofa in the hallway, we can push it in on its end from the front door. I don't care about being right I care about getting the sofa into the room :)

What I think you are saying is that if the sofa does not fit under the door frame when it is upright, it cannot be tilted to fit through?

For you to do that the height of the sofa needs to be lower. The sofa is 1 inch longer then the height of the door which means you can't stand it up and then tilt it through. It would need to be lower then the door for that to work. The height of the sofa is very important. Ruth can you send me the name of the sofa or a picture please so I can see what I'm looking at.

QUESTION: Sure - thank you!

Hi Ruth
I took a look at the sofa . Kinda love the will it fit sofa guide. I"d be more confused after listening to those two. Any way I think you need to give them a call just to make sure. The legs look to me to be 4 inches and in cm thats about 10 cm which would make the height 73 still to high.
Here's the thing Ruth , I'm trying to get a visual. So you get through the first door go through a narrow hallway and the room you want to go to is on the right?
So if there is a sharp turn and your going through another door frame or is the entrance height all the way to the ceiling? So if the sofa is longer then the frame of the door and the height of the sofa is bigger then the width of your door your chances are slim.
Now on the website it spoke about assembled measurements find out what they mean. This could be one of those sofa's that they assemble at the home. Good Luck Ruth
Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few