Moving Furniture/Rope

I am moving of my apartment and I have a issue with moving my sofas. I was instructed to remove they by taking them over the balcony. I just need to know is the best type of rope to lift my sofas down and will not break.

Thank you!

Hi Mecole
The rope I would use is called a professional mover. If you have not hoisted before I recommend you don't do it now. You could hurt yopurself or somebody down below.
Now, If your going to be stubborn you'll need at least 3 strong men 2 at the top bringing it down slowly while the third waits at the bottom good to have 4 for 2 at the bottom. The rope as long as you double up on the rope and tie it tightly you should be fine .Just remember there's UTUBE for a reason, to record you and the furniture as it takes its trip down. Now is this a sofabed , sofa ,is it heavy or light does it have wood trim ,It really all depends on your furniture which I don't know what it looks like. I'd either spend the money or leave it for the next renter to deal with it. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few