Moving Furniture/Will this sofa fit through my hallway/door?

Question
Hi Paul,

I'm looking to purchase a sofa to fit in my Victorian terrace. At some point in its history, a previous owner decided to build a stud wall to create a hallway (originally you would have walked straight into the living room) which is great but also very narrow, making it difficult for us to find a sofa which will fit.

The sofa we are interested in is the Next Michega small 2 seater sofa: http://www.next.co.uk/homeware/sofas-chairs/michigan/size-small-sofa-(2-seats)-fabric-tweedy-blend-light-dove-feet-slim-block-light#style_DMn:0_DMx:12

The dimensions of the sofa are:
Width: 160cm
Height: 85cm
Depth: 96cm
Seat height: 48cm
Seat depth: 55cm
Arm height: 64cm
Internal width: 112cm

The dimensions of the hallway/door frame are:
Hallway width at narrowest point (by radiator): 67cm
Hallway width at doorframe: 73cm
Hallway height at lowest point (arch): 177cm
Width of doorframe: 74cm
Height of doorframe: 191cm

Please let me know if you think this sofa will fit, and if so how. Thanks!

Answer
Hi Laura
You need to call the company and ask them what the true height would be wood to wood. The measurements for the height are from the floor to the top of the cushions . The legs on this sofa come off and the cushion can be pushed down.
Now from what your saying is that the hallway is 73 but the door is 74 one inch wider then the hallway?
The only way this fits as a whole is if the numbers for the height once the legs are off and cushions off are a 73 or lower. Can I suggest a disassembly company called sofaassist.com look them up on google and pick any sofa you want. Little more expensive then lets say a regular delivery charge.
If you decide not to look up apt size sofa's and sofa's in a box. They make furniture now that comes in parts and the men put it together in the home. Other then that keep your eye on any sofa wirth a height lower then 73 and a sofa smaller then 191cm. Hope that helps. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer