Moving Furniture/couch through a doorway

I'm one of those that fell in love with a couch and didn't think about if it would fit through my doorway.  The room doorway is 81" x 29 1/2"  The future couch is 87" x 40" x 37"  It has legs that screw off so I'm guessing they're 2"?  I'm waiting for the company to confirm.  It's a squishy leather couch.  They are delivering in a couple days and I want to prove my husband wrong.  I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give.

Thank you!

Hi Dianna
So you understand that your asking another man a question so really even if I told you he was right you would just turn that into male bonding.Your not going to like the way this delivery is going to go.
First you say the room doorway are there more then one? Any sharp turns before or after entries?
If its going straight in like a straight line the sofa height would have to be under 29 1/2 inches for it to fit. Need to find out what the true height would be wood to wood. Now up to 3 inches past the width of the door you still have a shot as long as the arms are lower then the back and there's high ceilings and wide area's. I know you hate telling him his right but I would hate for your house to get damaged. Be careful if the delivery men want you to sign a waiver.Some times the sofa is a tight fit and they don't want to be responsible for any damages so That would give them the right to get that sofa in no matter the cost. So be careful. Peace Love and Happiness

Moving Furniture

Paul Mayer

I have been disassembling and reassembling furniture for over 25yrs We are a specialty delivery company that has been all over the east coast. Most of my expiernce comes from the NY area where I have disassembled over 10,000 sofas.If there's something I know I kniow sofa's Any questions on upholstered products. Delivery of furniture. Repairs, problems replaceable components on furniture.Restoration questions,Remember there's always a way just wether or not you want to pay.

I have been in the furniture business for over 25yrs. I repair reupholster,Deliver, disassemble, reassemble and restore all types of furniture.There is not a question on furniture I can't answer or help with.

Restaurant and Hotel Management

Jennifer Convertibles, Ashley, RTF, Thomasville, Levitz, Seamens, Havertys, Mitchell Gold, Morr & mcphearson just to name a few