Mozilla Firefox/Firefox crashing

Moses (Firefox Support) wrote at 2014-06-08 16:45:35
Hi Don,

I just wanted to note a few things here:

1. When Firefox crashes, there will be a reason behind it whether it be something within Firefox itself (such as the Javascript JIT compiler) or there will be some outside forces (FastIPLib.dll was one of my recently answered questions at the Mozilla Support forum) or maybe even malware. You can check out what is causing Firefox to crash by going to about:crashes from within the Firefox browser and take a look at the crash IDs that start with bp-. You can then relay this to Mozila's forum (where I'm also a member currently retired from Mozilla at the moment) and one of our awesome contributors will help you out. Please be friendly and patient as the team consists of strictly volunteers. The link is

2. In case you weren't aware Firefox 29.0.1 (29.0.1 was a chemspill (emergency) update to fix bugs reported during the initial release of 29. Firefox 30 is slated to be released Tuesday June 10th so if you want to wait to see if that'll fix your issues, you can do so. Firefox 29 also has a bug in it that "Hangs" Firefox meaning the Firefox process keeps running in the background and is seeable in the Task Manager. If you have this issue, Firefox 30 is likely to fix it.

Mozilla Firefox

Anjana Silva

I can answer almost all questions in Mozilla Firefox. I'm well aware of searching & installing various types of plugins, themes which fits for your requirement. For instance SEO, web editing, game plugins. Also I know how to browse safely using Firefox.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox for nearly 7 years. I'm knowledgeable in both older & latest versions. I found that Mozilla Firefox is much more user friendly, faster, reliable & well equipped with the latest technology comparing to other browsers.

1) e-Innoving IT Solutions - Owner/Developer
2) OpenArc Business Process Outsourcing - PHP Web Developer
3) Stan Bond (SA) PTY LTD - Web Application Developer

Few web sites that I have developed.

1) Currently following MSc in Software Engineering in De Montfort University, Leicester
2) Bachelor in Information Technology (UCSC)
3) Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP)
4) Diploma in Advanced Web Techniques using Dreamweaver.

2nd Class Upper Award for my Bachelors Degree with an average GPA of 3.48