Mozilla Firefox/Is there an add-on for this?

I've been hoping and hoping that there would be a Firefox add-on that allows me to disable the comments sections of certain sites, similar to a blacklist function.

If this sort of thing doesn't exist, could it be done? And if it could, who do you recommend to ask to make it? I don't know any programmers.

Thank you,

Hi TJ,

Sorry I didn't get to you sooner. Your question was posted privately. I've enabled it to be public so others can benefit. In future questions, please do not mark as private.

To answer your question, yes there is an addon for this. The one I use is called "Comment Blocker" ( It allows you to add sites you want into your blocklist.

If you're looking for a YouTube comment blocker, use "CleanTube" (
You can enable/disable the following using this:
*User/Upload section

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, please feel free to let me know!

Mozilla Firefox

Moses Bermea

I can answer almost any question about Firefox, add-on compatibility, how to force add-ons to work, browsing safely, about:config settings, flash problems. I can read Firefox crash reports and stop ads in Firefox.

I have been volunteering for Mozilla since January 2009 giving me 5 years of experience in both using Firefox, diagnosing problems, and giving correct fixes. I am currently a Moderator over at the Mozilla Support forums.

SUMO: Mozilla community consisting of both volunteers and paid staff of Mozilla

I have a High School Diploma and am going towards my Associate's in Web Development.

2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Forum Support recognition at Mozilla

40M+ users of Firefox