Mozilla Firefox/bookmarks lost from firefox

Question
Oh! I hope I can get some helped.
Been using Mozilla Firefox browser since early 2000....I never use IE.
Years of bookmarks have been lost due to a computer crash. I had everything on a flash drive and that seemed to have crashed as well.
So now I have a new computer and no bookmarks in Firefox.

I remember years ago there was a way to recover the old profile that Firefox established....But now I have no clue, and i don't remember how I recovered last time.

When I pull up the profile..only a new json. file is there with no bkmks. My system crashed in July 11, 2014

Is there a way to recover the original profile and get my bookmarks.
Thanks for your help
Sondra

Answer
Hi Sondra,

If you have the JSON file, then you should be able to restore your bookmarks. If that's the old one, you can still recover your bookmarks if you have the original profile folder backed up.

Firefox stores everything in its profile folder which is typically located in %APPDATA%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default which the x's being random characters.

You just need to get the places.sqlite file from the old Firefox profile folder into your new computer. A simple restart after dragging and dropping it in should do the trick. Make sure Firefox is closed for this.

If you have the original JSON file, you can press Ctrl + B in Firefox, go to Backup and Restore -> Import. I don't remember the option for JSON but thumb around in that menu and you should find it. I'm not using Firefox at the moment as I'm on a different computer.

You can also read the following article for more information.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/restore-bookmarks-from-backup-or-move-them

Mozilla Firefox

Moses Bermea