Mozilla Firefox/how to cc and bcc

Hello Moses:

I want to use Firefox to email to many people, in some cases using the CC: notation and in other cases, the BCC: notation.
In the old days, I remember that those initials appeared on the page used for emailing. But in Firefox (and Google Chrome) I don't see the initials.
What do I need to do, so as to make them appear?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Chris.

Firefox is strictly a web browser. It's not used for e-mailing. Seeing the CC/BCC fields vary from site to site. You will have to use a web based e-mail provider such as Gmail or Hotmail if you want to CC or BCC or use an e-mail client such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook, or Outlook Express if you are running Windows XP. In Gmail, when you click Compose , it'll bring up a window that allows you to enter the e-mail address you want to send an e-mail to. When you click that field, it'll show CC and BCC next to the To: field.

For Hotmail/Outlook: When composing a new e-mail, you will see the To: field along with CC and BCC next to it on the left hand side of the web page.

Personally, I would recommend using Mozilla Thunderbird to do your e-mailing as it's easier and you can use it from your desktop without opening your web browser to do so. It also grabs the IMAP/SMTP settings from your e-mail service so you can just enter your e-mail/password and Thunderbird does the rest. No hassle. You can start sending and receiving e-mail right away!
Here's the link for Thunderbird in case you decide to try it out.

If you need help on how to use Thunderbird, you can follow this link below to learn how to use Thunderbird.

If you need any more assistance, please don't hesitate to write back.

Mozilla Firefox

Moses Bermea

I can answer almost any question about Firefox, add-on compatibility, how to force add-ons to work, browsing safely, about:config settings, flash problems. I can read Firefox crash reports and stop ads in Firefox.

I have been volunteering for Mozilla since January 2009 giving me 5 years of experience in both using Firefox, diagnosing problems, and giving correct fixes. I am currently a Moderator over at the Mozilla Support forums.

SUMO: Mozilla community consisting of both volunteers and paid staff of Mozilla

I have a High School Diploma and am going towards my Associate's in Web Development.

2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Forum Support recognition at Mozilla

40M+ users of Firefox