Mozilla Firefox/how to cc and bcc

Question
Hello Moses:

I want to use Firefox to email to many people, in some cases using the CC: notation and in other cases, the BCC: notation.
In the old days, I remember that those initials appeared on the page used for emailing. But in Firefox (and Google Chrome) I don't see the initials.
What do I need to do, so as to make them appear?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Answer
Hi Chris.

Firefox is strictly a web browser. It's not used for e-mailing. Seeing the CC/BCC fields vary from site to site. You will have to use a web based e-mail provider such as Gmail or Hotmail if you want to CC or BCC or use an e-mail client such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook, or Outlook Express if you are running Windows XP. In Gmail, when you click Compose , it'll bring up a window that allows you to enter the e-mail address you want to send an e-mail to. When you click that field, it'll show CC and BCC next to the To: field.

For Hotmail/Outlook: When composing a new e-mail, you will see the To: field along with CC and BCC next to it on the left hand side of the web page.

Personally, I would recommend using Mozilla Thunderbird to do your e-mailing as it's easier and you can use it from your desktop without opening your web browser to do so. It also grabs the IMAP/SMTP settings from your e-mail service so you can just enter your e-mail/password and Thunderbird does the rest. No hassle. You can start sending and receiving e-mail right away!
Here's the link for Thunderbird in case you decide to try it out.
https://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/

If you need help on how to use Thunderbird, you can follow this link below to learn how to use Thunderbird.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird/learn-basics-get-started

If you need any more assistance, please don't hesitate to write back.

Mozilla Firefox

Moses Bermea