Mozilla Firefox/Firefox Updating Issue

QUESTION: Hello! I am using Firefox 35.0 currently as my main web browser.
I am running into a problem that I thought you might be able to help me with. I am receiving the following prompt repeatedly.

"Update Available

Update to 35.0.1"

I did so as soon as I checked "About Firefox" under the HELP menu and found that an update was available. However, FF does not seem to be recognizing the fact that I have already downloaded the new update (TWICE.)

When I go to check "About Firefox" I am still finding that it shows only 35.0 but not the update(s) I downloaded. The download to 35.0.1 did not present any problems and showed that it had downloaded successfully. So, why is FF not reflecting that it has already received the upgrade? Should it be re-downloaded yet for the THIRD time? Thank you.

ANSWER: Have you restarted your FF? If not lets try that first.

QUESTION: Yes, I have restarted it numerous times and even signed out for the evening and rebooted fresh the next morning but I am still being prompted to download the latest version that should already be in my computer (twice.)

It's possible that another running program or a previous instance of Firefox that did not close properly is interfering with the Firefox update process. This error can also occur if you share your computer with other users, and another user's account is still logged in with Firefox running. The easiest way to resolve such problems is to restart your computer. Once the computer starts up again:

Start Firefox,
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and go over to the Help menu (on Windows XP, click on the Help menu).
Select About Firefox. Firefox will begin checking for updates.

Mozilla Firefox

Steve Ramona

I can answer your questions about extensions, addons or any other feature you need help with in regards to Firefox. I can answer questions how to clean up your browser so it can run faster. Bookmarks are a great tool with Firefox. I can show you how.

hours of research and using firefox for over 15 years.

Webinars and online research to help clients know more about Firefox.