Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Cords into bass clef

Question
I meet a guy who plays the guitar, who wanted to play with me, and I have not played with another instrument in a long time.  He emailed me the list which was all in cords, I play the trombone.  Fortunately, I learned Suzuke method for piano, and can play by ear.  I am trying to "translate"  the cords into bass clef, if I can get into trouble clef that would be fine.  How do you do that?
Thanks,
Lucinda

Answer
dear Lucinda:
  I'll give you the answer to your puzzle, and help you through this.

''Chords'' are not based on which clef you read, they are universal for
all staffs and all clefs and all instruments..
   Guitar players read and play chords often as an accompaniment instrument
instead of a solo instrument (even though good guitarists do play melody, and harmony and rhythm all through their music)   

\ The "Suzuki'' method was designed to teach people to play initially on their instrument
by 'rote'' and blend that into a music reading system.. So that skill has helped you develop a way to play by ear... commendable ...
   if you know the chords names and therefore the chords 'notes' you should be able to play ONE OR MORE of the chord notes while the guitar is playing that same chord... YOu do not need to worry about the clef or translating it from one clef to another...
    Here is my suggestion:
  write out the note names for the notes in each chord you need to blend in with... Vertically on a page, (i'll make the list HORIZONTALLY, but you write them vertically )
like a ''c'' chord   (c, e , g ) 'F' chord  (f., a , c ) 'G' chord (g  , b, d. _)
  now after you have written out your NOTE CHOICES
   DRAW A LINE FROM CHORD NOTE TO CHORD NOTE AND PICK ONE OF THE NOTES (OF THE THREE) TO PLAY WHEN THAT PARTICULAR CHORD IS PLAYED, and then if you want notes on the staff, you can put them in your bass clef as a PART for you to play from....
    I hope this is understandable to you, it is what i would do, if i were in your position.
chuck (i hope this helps, it is not as complicated as it might seem)
   by the way, ALL THE NOTES IN A PARTICULAR CHORD ARE all available on the internet...

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Chuck