Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Do you use the Spectrotone Chart

Dear Sir,

I've happened to read about the so-called Spectrotone Chart. Apparently it was created by Academy AwardŽ nominee Arthur Lange, the former head of the MGM Music Department.

Google and you will find some sites which claim that this chart is magical in orchestral arrangement. Is it true?

My sincere thanks,

Kevin :

Sorry ..I'ver heard of this chart and know nothing about it, so I cant give you an informed answer or oponion.

Phil K

okay: I googled it and looked at it ..itt seems just some sort of range of orchestral instrumwent chart that they're try to get you to
purchast for some amount of money. I woulsn't put much stock in it  ..or spend any money on it.

PK ( not impressed )

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Phil Kelly

I`m a semi-retired professional music arranger with over thirty five years in all phases of the commercial music production business. I can try to answer questions regarding music arranging, theory, orchestration , and/or composition for most acoustic ensembles .( jazz band or orchestral ) I can try to offer suggestions about studio music recording procedures and some basic MIDI applications , too. In the course of my career I`ve worked with such artists as Doc Severinsen and the old Tonight Show Band, Bill Watrous, Buddy Greco, John Gary, Mel Torme, Julius LaRosa, as well as the Pop programs of the Fort Worth, Dallas, North Carolina, and Houston Symphonies, as well as library music material for ABC, ESPN, and NFL Films.