Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Melody!!!

Can you please point me to the right direction or give me some principles to writing a melody. For example what books or theories can help me write a melody?

Thank you.

Hi Vardim :

Go to Amazon -they have many books on the subject of songwriting and its melodic aspects. Assuming you have a rudimentary knowledge of harmony, heres a good book I own and have recommended before. Here is the link :

Good luck !

Phil Kelly  

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Phil Kelly

I`m a semi-retired professional music arranger with over thirty five years in all phases of the commercial music production business. I can try to answer questions regarding music arranging, theory, orchestration , and/or composition for most acoustic ensembles .( jazz band or orchestral ) I can try to offer suggestions about studio music recording procedures and some basic MIDI applications , too. In the course of my career I`ve worked with such artists as Doc Severinsen and the old Tonight Show Band, Bill Watrous, Buddy Greco, John Gary, Mel Torme, Julius LaRosa, as well as the Pop programs of the Fort Worth, Dallas, North Carolina, and Houston Symphonies, as well as library music material for ABC, ESPN, and NFL Films.