Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Differences between 8-beat and 16-beat ballads?

Dear Sir,

On some Yamaha keyboards, in the styles section, I saw there are 8-beat and 16-beat ballad styles. To my ear, the styles sound very similar, so I don't know the differences, especially when one tries to write a song for these styles.

Could you pls explain?

Thank you

yes, the styles are the ''same'' (similar) for 8 beat/ 16 beat choices,
i also have this same keyboard
you'll have to LISTEN for the subdivisions of the beat to notice the difference
the 16 beat choice, will sound a bit more involved and complicated with more
happening in that selection...
     so if you want a simple accomp. then you pick the 8 beat choice
and if you want more notes and sounds to the beat you pick the 16 beat choice
    sometimes people WANT TO ADD their own pattern of notes, and then pick the
simple choice, and if you want the keyboard to do more for you, then you pick the 16 beat choice,,
experiment on these two choices and listen to it with what you want to play

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

I am a professional musician, I can play by ear, I arrange music write music, teach music in the public school system, and teach privately. My father was a school music teacher, and I have written three volumes for teaching beginning string players, taking them from scratch to high school level. I have performed in a local production of Music Man (musical) with celebrities John Davidson/Susan Watson and have my masters degree in education. I retired from the classroom in 2004 with 38 yrs. experience-now still substituting for music- and writing arr. for my cello trio(with two audio cd's and one dvd of a performance) I have directed church choirs and am principal cellist in our local community orchestra. I really love to arrange music for the groups I perform in and sing and have music in my life every day. A day without music, is a mistake, like having a day without sunshine.

Employment history: I have been employed by our local school district since 1967 as a music teacher from grades 1-12 Organizations: I play cello principal chair in the local community orchestra, and sing in a chorus,and perfom in a barbershop quartet

Education: My early life in high school and college was summer workshops in choral conducting with founder of Westminster Choir College (N.J.) Dr. John F.Williamson (in Who`s Who in Music) and summer workshops with Robert Shaw in San Diego Grad. of Sacramento STate Univ.and masters from Univ. of La VErne, ca

Awards: awarded the Bank of America award in my high school senior year for music