Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/? about music theory

Hi Chuck

Hope you've been having a good day.

What do these roman numeral mean in this picture at...

While your there I have my own videos for you to see.

Take Care

Hi STerling:
   The roman numerals are commonly used to denote the CHORD ANALYSIS OF THE notes
   so the ONE chord (I) is the chord on the root note of the scale key.
   the four chord (IV) IS THE chord on the fourth step of the key
   the five chord (V) is the chord on the fifth step of the key...
 (these are all major chords in the major key mode)
    the five seven (V 7) is the dominant 7th chord (on the fifth key note) and as a four note chord usually (not always) leads next to the tonic (1 CHORD) (one chord)
    often times guitarists and pianists use these symbols when they are universally playing in ANOTHER KEY as a reference point for playing the song without reading the key they are playing in.
     Strict notation would put the minor chords in small roman numerals (like in the index of a book) with ii (two chord) iii (three chord) vi (6 chord)   along with the CAPITOLs used IN THE MAJOR CHORDS (ABOVE)
     THIS SAMPLE you used is showing both the NAME of the chord (like ''c'') and also the analysis of the chord within the key mode (IV) people who take '' harmonic analysis'  in =school have learned to use and work with these roman numerals..
     HOPE that helps a bit....

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

I am a professional musician, I can play by ear, I arrange music write music, teach music in the public school system, and teach privately. My father was a school music teacher, and I have written three volumes for teaching beginning string players, taking them from scratch to high school level. I have performed in a local production of Music Man (musical) with celebrities John Davidson/Susan Watson and have my masters degree in education. I retired from the classroom in 2004 with 38 yrs. experience-now still substituting for music- and writing arr. for my cello trio(with two audio cd's and one dvd of a performance) I have directed church choirs and am principal cellist in our local community orchestra. I really love to arrange music for the groups I perform in and sing and have music in my life every day. A day without music, is a mistake, like having a day without sunshine.

Employment history: I have been employed by our local school district since 1967 as a music teacher from grades 1-12 Organizations: I play cello principal chair in the local community orchestra, and sing in a chorus,and perfom in a barbershop quartet

Education: My early life in high school and college was summer workshops in choral conducting with founder of Westminster Choir College (N.J.) Dr. John F.Williamson (in Who`s Who in Music) and summer workshops with Robert Shaw in San Diego Grad. of Sacramento STate Univ.and masters from Univ. of La VErne, ca

Awards: awarded the Bank of America award in my high school senior year for music