Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Advice for making an accompaniment track?

Question
Could you pls help me with this question?

I would like to make an accompaniment track, using Tyros 2, for my original song (just pop ballad). However, I don't know what to do with the right hand.

So far my right hand plays the meloy exactly as it is written, while the left hand plays the chord. After recording it as a Wav file, I would mix it with my vocal.

To make it more professional, what should my right hand play? On YouTube, there are many clips of people singing with their keyboard. However I could not make out what they do with their right hand.

My sincere thanks,

Answer
Hi Jorgen :

I do not know the keyboard you mention, but in general, ballad keyboard accompaniments usually spread out the chord in some arpeggiated fashin using both hands .the accompaniment should NOT play the melody. I suggest you listen to some pianist /vocalists ( Elton John, Jon Meyer, Stevie Wonder, etc ) to see how they handle this process and try and emulate what you HEAR ..not what you see as on You Tube.

Good luck.

Phil Kelly
http://philkellymusic

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Phil Kelly