Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Music to Find

Mr. X wrote at 2013-05-07 05:14:21
I believe that this may be "Enchanted Sea" by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops. I can't find it downloadable on any US site, but it is available as a sample on some European music vendors.

Manangy wrote at 2013-07-10 16:18:51
The piece to which you refer, Enchanted Sea, is by Jack Mason (1906-1965). He was a composer/show arranger/orchestrator. I believe -- although I've not been able to verify this -- that he was the in-house arranger for Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops for a number of years. -- To my knowledge, the only recording of this lovely work (long a favorite of my mother's)appears on a monaural vinyl by the Boston Pops and Fiedler, 'Picnic' (RCA, 1956).

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Dr Colin