Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/action movie sounds

I often hear these sharp musical stabs in action movies which sound like short violin chords or some sort of horns. Can you please watch and listen to the video below (at the 1 minute mark). Can you tell me what instrument is used, is it a combination of instruments, is it a chord? I want to reproduce this sound in my midi sequencer, any tips?

I have listened to the SOUNDS you asked to analyze
and to the best of my ability, I PERCEIVE the short , jabbing
sounds to be violins on notes of the MINOR CHORD, and the
brass instruments are on the sustaining harmonies... of the minor
chord, the top note is the 5th of the chord, but
it most likely is played by making DOWN BOW style on each note
to get the SAME ARTICULATION on each note, because up bow sounds
are slightly different and don't always generate the same intensity
as the down bow style

CHUCK (THANKS for the question)

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

I am a professional musician, I can play by ear, I arrange music write music, teach music in the public school system, and teach privately. My father was a school music teacher, and I have written three volumes for teaching beginning string players, taking them from scratch to high school level. I have performed in a local production of Music Man (musical) with celebrities John Davidson/Susan Watson and have my masters degree in education. I retired from the classroom in 2004 with 38 yrs. experience-now still substituting for music- and writing arr. for my cello trio(with two audio cd's and one dvd of a performance) I have directed church choirs and am principal cellist in our local community orchestra. I really love to arrange music for the groups I perform in and sing and have music in my life every day. A day without music, is a mistake, like having a day without sunshine.

Employment history: I have been employed by our local school district since 1967 as a music teacher from grades 1-12 Organizations: I play cello principal chair in the local community orchestra, and sing in a chorus,and perfom in a barbershop quartet

Education: My early life in high school and college was summer workshops in choral conducting with founder of Westminster Choir College (N.J.) Dr. John F.Williamson (in Who`s Who in Music) and summer workshops with Robert Shaw in San Diego Grad. of Sacramento STate Univ.and masters from Univ. of La VErne, ca

Awards: awarded the Bank of America award in my high school senior year for music