Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Determining the key of a singer's voice?

Could you pls help me with this question?

There is a singer singing in Vietnamese. I would appreciate if you listen to parts of the song to determine in which key she sings.

My sincere thanks,

ANSWER: Hi Hlep ( sp?)

The you tube piece is in Db major. However, this piece has a very narrow range so it really doesn't tell me nuch about what keys are comfortanle for her. The SPAN of a  vocal range determines what KEYS are best for a given yoice .

hop this helps

Phil Kelly

QUESTION: Dear Sir, thank you so much for your kind guidance.

I think this song is not very good. However, at the end of the song, about min 4, they use a female choir to sing the chorus. Apparently it helps to give the song a more epic feel.

Is it a good trick?

Thank you

personally, I don't really care for the song either ( or the singer for that matter )

adding any element to an arrangement ( chorus, strings, etc ) is a common device to enhance an otherwise bland performance.
Key changes also work the same way.

as to whether its a "good trick" or not ..YMMV ..

but, you can't put lipstick on a pig  :)

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Phil Kelly

I`m a semi-retired professional music arranger with over thirty five years in all phases of the commercial music production business. I can try to answer questions regarding music arranging, theory, orchestration , and/or composition for most acoustic ensembles .( jazz band or orchestral ) I can try to offer suggestions about studio music recording procedures and some basic MIDI applications , too. In the course of my career I`ve worked with such artists as Doc Severinsen and the old Tonight Show Band, Bill Watrous, Buddy Greco, John Gary, Mel Torme, Julius LaRosa, as well as the Pop programs of the Fort Worth, Dallas, North Carolina, and Houston Symphonies, as well as library music material for ABC, ESPN, and NFL Films.