Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/song writings

Question
Hi expert!
I am studying music theory (the basic theory). I do play some piano.
When I hear all those beautiful love songs (with piano) I just feel like writing my own love song. I like everything from Glenn Gould to Queen. How do I write my love song? I did try some pop music chords. but it just didn't work. I did try (I-IV-vi-V) chord progression in Eb but nothing too great came out of it. That is not the way to write music. I do like classical piano music but that could be difficult I guess.
It should be only me and the piano, I think. Freddie Mercury could write piano love songs but I am not that talented (but I wish I were)
What are your tips?

Answer
DEAR ANDERS

ALL THE EXPERT song wriers say the same thing '' write a song every day '' (good or bad)
poets write a poem a day, people exercise daily, so if you wish to be good at something, you need
to do it daily to improve (it is not like lets build a planter box and never another one) the puildrocess
is a building on previous experience and skill building

I suggest you get a portable recorder and put all your creative ideas on it, and then transfer it to paper when you can.. you'll be adding ideas to your already created work, and adding new ones

get a structure (form ) (like a pattern that is used to sew a suit)  get a chord style for expressing the emotional impact, get a speed for making the emotions in the hearer... work on a melod ic  shape of your tune ,  (these you will learn about in THEORY class)

Usuazlly he WORDS (of the poem or lyrics of a song) come first and that INSPIRES THE MUSIC to EXPRESS THE WORDS through music, (and then choreo will come next to further  express the words/music) that is usually the ''ORDER'' OF MUSIC SONG FORMATION.. (WORDS- MUSIC- DANCE/CHOREO)   SOMETIMEs music proceeds the words, but not most often (as evidenced by the music we have in our society)

This is the basic start of it all, i hope this helps you start,
  good hunting,
we need the arts and musicians to keep being inspired

chuck

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Chuck