Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/Longest Duration Solo and Duet Category Song Recorded..

Dear Dr Colin

Is it possible to find the Longest Duration Solo and Duet Category English Song Recorded till date ?.

Longest Duration - Non Stop English Song sung as a example 1/2 an hour, 45 minutes in Solo and Duet Categories.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

I would guess that it is possible to find what is the longest song ever recorded by doing a search on the internet. I suppose the same would apply to a duet. It is not clear from your question whether you are referring to songs of a specific musical style, e.g. opera, lieder, pop music etc. However, this kind of information is what the internet (or rather those who use it) is very good at. You could make a start here:

I don't know whether this is helping to answer your question. If not, feel free to get back to me.

Best wishes

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Dr Colin

I can answer questions from students of "classical" composing, arranging, notation problems and music theory, writing for instruments and voice and writing music for education. I can answer questions about orchestration but I do not cover questions about pop or rock music, pop song writing or electronic music.

I taught for many years in UK up to "A" level theory and composition. I have spent many years in music education, initially (like everyone else) as a teacher. Then I moved on to advisory work (teaching teachers!) and also lectured, giving many workshops for teachers in developing music education skills and techniques. For a time I worked as a teacher-lecturer at London University's Institute of Education and eventually worked full-time as a Music Education Adviser to schools in part of London, offering advice on music education and curriculum development.

I started composing music at the age 14 (it was mostly rubbish, since you asked) and now have a large number of compositions to credit as well as many publications, especially for instrumental music and choral music. I have also written several acclaimed works for large orchestra and choir. My work has been published particularly in the UK (under different names)(notably by Boosey & Hawkes, Novello, and Schott) but also in the USA and the Netherlands.

My music for elementary players (several publications) has been performed and broadcast worldwide. I am now retired from my previous job as Music Education Adviser. These days I spend most of my time composing and arranging. I am currently working on instrumental arrangements of world national anthems for my National Anthems website and also completing a suite of very easy piano solos and duets for elementary players. For many years I have used the music program "Finale" for all my music writing activities.

International Society for Music Education; Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.

"The Times" Educational Supplement; "Hi-Fi News and Record Review". For several years, I used to write for many of the state music education periodicals in the US and I also wrote several influential articles on instrumental music teaching for "Music Teacher" magazine in the UK. (UK).

PhD(Hons); MA(Hons); FLCM (compositon) ARCM, LMusTCL,(music diplomas)