Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/singing

Question
Hi!
Is learning how to sing country music about vocal technique or do you need something else? Any tips on how to learn this kind of music?
Sometimes I wonder if vocal technique is even that important as one might think. Do country singers even sing the exact pitches that a piano can play? I mean, is it even possible to play the exact melody they sing on a piano?

Answer
Learning how to sing anything is about vocal technique.  You start with learning to use your voice as an instrument and then you learn to sing in various styles.  That would be the most effective way to approach singing. A good singer can sing any pitch that the human voice is capable of making.  The piano, being divided up into discreet pitches, is not really a comparable instrument.  A violin would be more comperable because it has no frets.

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Penny Nichols