Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting/singing

Question
Hi!
I have come to an understanding that learning to sing is a bit different from learning the piano (my instrument of choice). I guess that's due to the simple fact that singing is about using your own body as the instrument (which is more natural than putting yur hands on piano keys). Some people seem to see singing as "just do it" but that never really works, I think.
I think Johnny Cash did ony take three singing lessons in his life and still he did sing all those songs. Then, how can I learn to sing? What advice can you give me?

Answer
Everyone has a god given right to sing. It's part of human self expression.  Go ahead and sing all you want. It's good for your health.  If you don't want to take lessons, dont.  If you want to become a better singer, take lessons, you'll learn something new and have fun doing it.  It's up to you.

Musical Composition, Theory and Songwriting

Penny Nichols