Musical Genres--Rock & Pop/When a band with six members has sold over 20 million. albums, are they all so rich that they do not need to make more ever if it was their wish? 2

Question
When a band with six members has sold over 20 million. albums, are they all so rich that they do not need to make more ever if it was their wish?

Answer
Hi Kirs.

Technically, yes, but artists who make that much tend to get overwhelmed and do not always do the right thing with their money. If they can save the majority of it, yes, but some are so overwhelmed, and well "greedy", they will spend it on things like cars and drugs.

Also, if the band is on an ongoing contract with a major record label, sometimes 20-40% of the money will go back to the label to help promote more of their albums and also other artists on the same label.

There is a guide you might want to read up on if you would like to make money as a musician. There are ways around the major record labels, but yes, it will require more work.

http://musicians.about.com/od/beingamusician/ht/moneymusicians.htm.

Hope this answers your question.
Lisa

Musical Genres--Rock & Pop

Lisa DesGroseilliers