Musical Genres--Rock & Pop/Song: One Fine Day ('60s)

I'm getting conflicting info on the web as to which group had the hit One Fine Day. Chiffons versus the Shirelles: both have videos listed with this title and both sound the same.  It was one of my favorites at the time (I'm 68 y/o)and I can't recall the artist's name, but I'm leaning toward the Chiffons.  Know anything definitive?

Hi, Sue,

Sorry for the delay.

Your are correct. It was definitely The Chiffons and a great song. It peaked at #5 on the Billboard Singles Chart in July of 1963. Their biggest hit was, of course, He's So Fine, also in '63. By the way, we're the same age! But don't spread it around.

Thanks for the Q.

Musical Genres--Rock & Pop

Mike Jarmus

Are you having a disagreement with someone about an artist or recording from the 50s to the 80s? Has a song been running through your head and you just can`t think of who had the hit? Looking for information on Rock and Pop Music collectibles? I`ve been a music/talk host on the radio for over thirty years, deal in music collectibles and love to share information about all of it.

Over 35 years as an on-air radio personality playing many types of music, but primarily popular and rock. Over 25 years mobile DJ work. Collector and dealer in Rock and Roll and Pop memorabilia.

Acquire, the Collector's Magazine

B.A., Journalism, Rutgers University with courses in broadcasting.

Best Public Service Program, NJ Association of Broadcasters, 1986