Musical Genres--Rock & Pop/Song: One Fine Day ('60s)

Question
I'm getting conflicting info on the web as to which group had the hit One Fine Day. Chiffons versus the Shirelles: both have videos listed with this title and both sound the same.  It was one of my favorites at the time (I'm 68 y/o)and I can't recall the artist's name, but I'm leaning toward the Chiffons.  Know anything definitive?

Answer
Hi, Sue,

Sorry for the delay.

Your are correct. It was definitely The Chiffons and a great song. It peaked at #5 on the Billboard Singles Chart in July of 1963. Their biggest hit was, of course, He's So Fine, also in '63. By the way, we're the same age! But don't spread it around.

Thanks for the Q.

Mike

Musical Genres--Rock & Pop

Mike Jarmus