Muslim Teens/Hijab

Assalamu alaikum,

I am 13 years of age and have been brought up in a practicing Muslim family. My mother started wearing the hijab at 20 years of age, and started praying then too. My aunts have started wearing hijab at 35 years of age, and my mother said to me, when you start your period it is obligatory to wear hijab.

I feel very different when I go out with my friends, as I was not blessed with any girl wearing hijabs in my time of Yr 7, and so made friends with non-muslim girls. I know I should not let them influence me, and so I do try to tell them about the teachings of Islam occasionally, but as you will know, life is different, and a bit more difficult to be a Muslim around non-muslims.

I know it would be easier to have Muslim friends, but I am disliked by a lot of people, and like my friends very much, and do not want to leave them, even if it is for the better.

I do not feel as confident in the hijab walking with my friends, I feel different and strange and even uglier with it on. I know I have to wear it, but sometimes I feel like I cannot wear it for being laughed at, even if it is in my imagination. I do not feel like I could talk to someone for a job or an interview without being judged. My question is, can I not wear hijab, but still be modest, and cover up my body? I feel that I can still wear long clothes and trousers, without the hijab. I know I sound like a terrible person, but it affects me a lot now.

Jazak Allahu Khayr

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

Patience is the key. Don't give us something just because others cannot accept it. Remember when Islam was introduced to the ignorant Arabs - how they used to laugh to the Prophet ?
They used to call him names ( like mad man - poet - etc )

[Hijr 15:6] They say: "O you to whom the Message is being revealed! truly you are mad (or possessed)!
[Hijr 15:7] "Why bring you not angels to us if it be that you hast the Truth?"
[Hijr 15:8] We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came behold! no respite would they have!

68:2 you art not, by the Grace of your Lord, mad or possessed.
68:3 Nay, verily for you is a Reward unfailing:
68:4 And you (standest) on an exalted standard of character.
68:5 Soon will you see, and they will see,
68:6 Which of you is afflicted with madness.

[Baqara 2:13 When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know.
[Baqara 2:14 When they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe;" but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say: "We are really with you: We (were) only jesting."
[Baqara 2:15 Allah/God will throw back their mockery on them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (To and fro).

[Maida 5:57 O you who believe! take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear you Allah/God, if you have faith (indeed).

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Muslim Teens

Ahmer Afaq

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce Diploma in Electronics Engg.