Muslim Teens/birthday cake

Question
please can u enlighten me on the concept of eating peoples birthday cake

Answer
Peace to you!

Thanks for your message. As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask.

Regarding the latter you can find the history behind birth day cakes here on this link:

http://www.tokenz.com/history-of-birthday-cake.html

In spite of their pagan and supersticious origins, Christians have the freedom to enjoy birthday cakes, as long as they give the tradition a new meaning: To praise God and celbrate his giving of a new year of life to the birthday child.

The inspired writers of the New Testament have also applied the principle of giving a new meaning to something old. They took the Greek 'agape,' now one of several words used to express different kind of loves and gave it a new meaning. In classical Greek 'agape' was hardly known and little specified as 'to hold in honour, to encounter in a friendly way.' In New Testament Greek the word was uniquely used to express God's benevolent love. Its benevolence, however, is not shown by doing what the person loved desires but what the one who loves deems as needed by the one loved. 'For God so love the world that He gave...' (John 3:16) He did not give what man wanted but what man needed as God perceived his need. He gave Jesus to bring forgiveness to man. God's love for man is God doing what He thinks best for man and not what man desires. It is God's wilful direction toward man. But for man to show love to God he must first appropriate God's 'agape', for only God has such an unselfish love.

Ultimately God himself became a sinless man in Jesus. He was not ashamed to take on what then and up until now has been terribly abused and misused in countless pagan celebrations, a human body. God then went even further. He was prepared to dwell by His Holy Spirit in every sinner who repents and believes in the work of Jesus on the cross. If God is prepared to live in Christians who are by no means perfect, surely birthday cakes and other traditions can continually be celebrated in this new way by practising Christians.

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

If you wish to learn more about the main message of the Holy Bible, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on it. The first lesson explores what the Quran says about the Torah and Injeel and whether they are still reliable. Would you like to do this study?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham

Muslim Teens

A. Abraham