Muslim Teens/Masturbation

Salaam, Im 14years old and have read allot on this topic trying to find the best possible answer but the thing is all the answers i have read are kinda inbetween and doesnt specifically state who its its particularly aimed at in terms of age, i know its haraam to masturbate but im not sure if it applies to married people or people who can get married, obviously being at the age of 14 i cannot get married and i've read What Hammad suggested on his answer to this topic, he suggested a article which says that is is healthy if not done too often, being more than 3-4time a week, but if i do i only do it once a week and if thats not good then i could do it once every two week, so im not necessarily doing it too often, im 14 and obviously going through puberty at this age, and i usually feel the urge to masturbate. I cannot get married, im 14 so is masturbating only once every week or every two weeks haraam as a 14 year old boy?

Well it depends from what perspective you want me to answer that question.

Firstly lets look at masturbation. Its when you pleasure yourself, every human thinks about sex at least a few times a day - that is human nature (so technically speaking that isn't your fault). There are lot of influences and many things in todays world revolve around sex and if you really want to stop then try engaging in activities that will take your mind of sex or when sexual thought come into your mind then force yourself to think about other things.

Let see how Islam views masturbating .

>>>> The only legal text used as evidence for the prohibition of masturbation is Allah’s saying describing the believers: “Those who guard their sexual organs except with their spouses or those whom their right hands possess, for (with regard to them) they are without blame. But those who crave something beyond that are transgressors.” (Al-Mu'mun: 5-7)

Commenting on this verse, some scholars hold the view that this habit (masturbation) falls under the category of those who seek fulfillment of their sexual desires outside the framework of marriage, and as such they are deemed transgressors. Those scholars put masturbation under the list of the forbidden categories of sexual fulfillment since it constitutes transgression of boundaries. This view is held by the Shafi`ites (followers of the Shafi`i school of Fiqh).

However, some other scholars believe that the transgression meant in the aforementioned verse refers to extra-marital relations and what falls under the category of Zina (adultery). According to this view, masturbation does not fall under the meaning of this verse. This view is very close to the opinion held by the Hanafites (followers of the Hanafi school), who maintain that masturbation is basically forbidden, but it may be permissible under the following conditions:

1. if the person is unmarried,

2. if he or she fears that without masturbation he/she will commit Zina, and

3. if the masturbation here is, rather than fulfilling a sexual desire, just to release the sexual tension resulting from stimulation.

Muslim Teens

Fatima Bismillah

I can answer question related to many Islamic topics especially those concerning children, family life, and teenagers that are struggling in the west. I can also relate to Quran and authentic hadiths.

I have read a range of books and articles by scholars of Islam and have also done Islamic studies. I have used used variety of books to distinguish true Islam from culture and any misconceptions.

I have got an A/B in Islamic studies. I have studied Arabic and have achieved A/A*. I have read books and Listened to lectures by knowledgeable scholars. I am studying science in college and trying to link it with Islam.