Muslim Teens/islam

Question
Assalamualaikum..
i have lots of doubts .. i will put one by one below
1) Is niqaab compulsory?... If yes then why most of the ullamas say     it isnt? if not then why?
2) Is there any way that i can identify where i stand in faith?
3) is music haraam in islaam?
4) if intermingling is prohibited in islam then how did the men and women in the prophets time knew each other? in that context can you explain whether women are allowed to work or not?
5)what should i do if i am so much confused with various thoughts and interpretations by ullamaas? Whenever i try to learn about tableeghi jamaat or such strict groups or even zakir naik i feel like my imaan will decrease... because when i read quran and hadeeths and if i am not going by anyothers interpretations then i dont feel any such problems instead i feel like my imaan is increasing and i ask forgiveness to Allah more and more...

Allah knows best!!

Answer
Peace to you!

Thank you for your message where you expressed questions about many things. The answers vary according to which group within Islam you ask.

Islamic scholars are in disagreement about them. The Quran which professes to be a clear guidance that contains no doubts (Surah 2, Al Baqarah, verse 2; Surah 5, Al Ma'idah, verse 16) is apparently silent regarding them. Muslims are left only with the Hadith in trying to answer them. How reliable are many of these traditions reporting the sayings and doings of Muhammad (p.b.u.h.) and his companions in the light of the following facts?

From about 1465 collections of Hadith, Muslim scholars have singled out six as being the correct ones. They are here listed in the order of importance:

Al-Bukhari, he put his collection together 246 years after the prophet's death. From 6000,000 Hadith he selected 7200 (1.2%!). The choices were made according to the judgement of one individual! Muslim, he put his choices together 251 years after the prophet's death. Al Tirmize, he chose them 269 years after the prophet's death. Abu Daud selected his version 265 years after the prophet's death. Abu Abdir Rahman presented his collection 293 years after the prophet's death. ('Dictionary of Islam' by T.P. Hughes, Asia Publishing House, London, 1988, pages 639-646)

Here are some examples without any further comments. They cast considerable doubt on the reliability of the Hadith collections:

The prophet of God said: 'When a fly falls into a bowl that belongs to one of you, he should dip it in completely. Afterwards he can take it out; truly in one of its wings lies healing and in the other illness.' (Bukhari and Abu Daud in Mishkat II, page 152)

Jabir reported that the prophet of Allah commanded the licking of fingers and bowls saying: 'You do not know on which part the blessing lies.' (Sahih Muslim, page 1120)

'If somebody has eaten he should not wash his hands until he has licked his hands and the bowl or someone else did it on his behalf.' (Ibid. page 1119)

Ibn Umar reported that the prophet of Allah had said: 'A believer eats through one intestine, an unbeliever through seven.' (Ibid. page 1119)

The prophet of Allah said: 'When someone among you yawns he should cover the mouth with his hand otherwise the devil will enter it.' (Sahih Muslim, page 1540)

I have to be frank but in the light of these somewhat embarrassing notes that contradict medical science it is understandable if the attentive reader tries to get answers to their questions from the books revealed before the Quran. If you wish I can send you lesson 1 of six of a free and easy summary of the main message of the Torah, Zabur and Injeel via e-mail. Once you will understand the message of those books, the answers to your immediate questions will be solved much easier. Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

A. Abraham  

Muslim Teens

A. Abraham