Muslim Teens/addiction to porn

Question
Assalamu aleikum. Im a a boy of 18. I pray 5 times. I recite quran. I pray sunnah. I ask dua everyday. but my problem is im addicted to porn. every time i watch porn i repent and seek mercy from allah. i do thawba. but again i watch porn. i repent again. this is whats going on again and again. i try to stop it. but shaithan overwhelms me. im so sad of me. i feel guilty for playing with allahs mercy. am i playing with allahs mercy??

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Brother,

I understand what you are going through. However its the biological feelings that is asking you to do it again and again.

However once you get a desire to watch porn - start reciting astaghfar or Zikr of Allah and the feelings will run away.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 062, Hadith Number 004.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By 'Abdullah : We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

remembrance of Allah / Zikr
----------------------------

[Quran 39:23] Allah/God has revealed (from time to time) the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah/God's praises. Such is the guidance of Allah/God: He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah/God leaves to stray, can have none to guide.

[Quran Anfaal 8:45] O you who believe! When you meet a force, be firm, and call Allah/God in remembrance much (and often), that you may prosper.

[Quran 63:9] O you who believe! Let not your riches or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah/God. If any act thus, the loss is their own.

[Quran Rad 13:28] "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah/God: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah/God do hearts find satisfaction.

[Quran 33:35] For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men a nd women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah/God's praise,- for them has Allah/God prepared forgiveness and great reward.

[Quran 72:17] "That We might try them by that (means). But if any turns away from the remembrance of his Lord, He will cause him to undergo a severe Penalty.

"When any group of men remember Allah, angels surround them and mercy covers them, tranquility descends upon them, and Allah mentions them to those who are with Him." (Muslim)

[Quran 58:19] The Evil One has got the better of them: so he has made them lose the remembrance of Allah/God. They are the Party of the Evil One. Truly, it is the Party of the Evil One that will perish!

"They are the most wise who remember Allah, standing sitting and lying down"
Quran (Surah 4: Verse 190) "Those who are admitted into paradise will not remorse over anything of this world, except over the times in which the zikr of Allah was not utilised" (Bukhari)  

[Quran 39:22] Is one whose heart Allah/God has opened to Islam, so that he has received Enlightenment from Allah/God, (no better than one hard-hearted)? Woe to those whose hearts are hardened against celebrating the praises of Allah/God! they are manifestly wandering (in err or)!

[Quran 29:45] Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to you, and establish regular Prayer: for Prayer restrains from shameful and unjust deeds; and remembrance of Allah/God is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah/God knows the (deeds) that you do.

[Quran 43:36] If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of (Allah/God) Most Gracious, We appoint for him an evil one, to be an intimate companion to him.

[Quran 43:37] Such (evil ones) really hinder them from the Path, but they think that they are being guided aright!

Conclusion:

Those who perform Zikr are Wise and are promised Success, Peace, Happiness, Mercy, Forgiveness and Great Rewards in this life and the next. All of which are valued as being positive important factors in one's religious and worldly life.

Whilst those who do not engage in Zikr are classed as being heard hearted losers who are clearly in the error and in the group of Satan... and as such, they will be made to live a tight and narrow life, full of misery and woe, punished in this life as well as being risen blind in the next and who will be remorseful of all the time not spent in the Remembrance of Allah (swt).

So excatly how important is zikr? Basically put, for a Muslim, zikr is a matter of life and death:

"The likeness of the one who Remembers his Lord and the one who does not Remember Him is like that between the living and the dead" (Bukhari).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Muslim Teens

Ahmer Afaq