Muslim Teens/About intercaste marriage.

Question
I m a muslim. I love a girl she is Hindu. I want to marry her. I have not discused it with my parents because i think they wont agree to it. As my elder sister loved a boy from our religion but they didnt agreed because he wasnt setteld an dont have a prober house to live and because of this there use to be to much of stress and complication in our house. Mom and Dad wont eat food etc. Fearing to this i havnt discussed with them. An the girl is ready to do anything for me and she is ready to convert to islam. And there is a one more problem that, they dont like that girl. Pls tell me what should i do. Is it ok if i live my parents and run away with that girl because she is ready to convert in islam. If i do so will allha be angry with me. Pls help me i dont have much time.

Answer
Dear Maruf,

Peace to you!

Thanks for your message. I am sorry to hear that you are in that difficult situation. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a couple of questions for clarification:

When you say, 'I love a girl she is Hindu,' what do you mean by 'love'? Love has different aspects to it. We can fall in love in the sense that we love what we see and hear. We are blind to problems and only see the good. Hence the saying, 'love makes blind...' :-)That is sometimes the first part of love. Scientists tell us that this 'falling in love' period normally lasts for about 2 years.

Then it is either replaced by 'a being committed to one another in sickness and in health' lasting the rest of our life time, or by indifference. The latter often leads to a divorce. To avoid it you need to pray and ask God's will about it. A similar thing that happened to you occurred to me when I was single.

I also fell in love with a girl. I prayed to God and realized she is not the one for me because she had been given a different ministry for her life than I had. We both could honour God with the work he had given us, just not together. I was very sad about that at the time and it took about 2 years for me to loose those 'falling in love' emotions. However, God rewarded my willingness to submit to his will greatly by me meeting another wonderful girl. She was willing and after praying felt led by God to follow me in my work and turn it into hers as well. We married and have been living happily ever after, as they say!

First of all, I advice you to pray to God and ask him what you should do.

The other question I have for you is:  Is that girl ready to convert to Islam because she wants to marry you or because she is convinced it is the true way? If she is motivated mainly by getting married to you then it is sin.

Hence secondly, I advice you to find out how serious you yourself and her are in loving and obeying God. The prophet of Islam said, 'Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.' You know about Islam. To get a better knowledge study the books of God that came before the Quran: The Torah, Zabur and Injeel. According to Surah 5:47 they have not changed and can greatly help you in your understanding of religion.  

I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on the main message of those books before the Quran.  Would you like to do this study?

Thirdly I advice you to speak to your parents at the right time, after the studies and your prayers. What are your thoughts on my advice?

Please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham  

Muslim Teens

A. Abraham