Muslim Teens/Query

Question
Quote. study the books of God that came before the Quran: The Torah, Zabur and Injeel. Unquote.

What is the " Zabur, and the Injeel?

thanks
Bar.

Answer
Peace to you!

Thanks for your message. The Zabur is the Psalms and the Injeel is the New Testament Gospel.

004:163
*
  Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as We imparted unto David the Psalms;
017:055
*
And thy Lord is Best Aware of all who are in the heavens and the earth. And we preferred some of the prophets above others, and unto David We gave the Psalms.

Muslims are commanded in the Quran, Surah 4, Al Nisa, verse 136, to believe in the books God revealed to the Jews and the Christians. The Tawrat is the Arabic equivalent of the Hebrew word 'Torah'. It is normally understood as the law that was revealed to Hazrat Musa (Surah 5, Al Ma'ida, verses 47-48a).

And believe in what I have sent down [= the Qur'ān], confirming what is with you [= the Tawrāt (Torah) and the Injīl (Gospel)], and do not be the first to disbelieve in it, and do not buy with My Verses [= the Tawrāt (Torah) and the Injīl (Gospel)] a small price, and fear Me and Me Alone. And do not clothe the truth with falsehood, or hide the truth – and you know.... Do you order the people in righteousness and you yourselves forget? And are you reciters of the Book? Do you not understand?
(Surah 2 , A-. Bagaraah, verses 41-42, 44)

According to Tafsīr at-Tabarī, "what is with you" is the Tawrāt [Torah] and the Injīl [Gospel]. (Tafsīr at-Tabarī, Vol.1, p.253; see: [Aftab Alam Khan], The Meaning of the Noble Qur'ân: Word-for-word English translation, Volume-1 (Part 1-5) (New Delhi: Islamic Book Service, 2006), pp.11-12)

"What is with you" is described as "My Verses", the ones of Allāh Himself. It is not possible that the Qur'ān could be confirming as God's Word ("My Verses") a text which has been changed. Neither is it possible to hide the truth if one does not have it any longer, or to recite books they allegedly no longer have.

Would you like to study these books with a free and easy six lessons correspondence course?

Kind regards,

A. Abraham

Muslim Teens

A. Abraham