Muslim Teens/Going astray

As salaam wa alaykum,
I've been having problems with concentrating in my salaah, have lost complete interest in islamic things such as zikr and salaah and so on. I've been learning Quran of by heart but lately I've been finding it so hard and confusing I get irritated with myself and am constantly moody. I've been having bad thoughts and doing bad things such as lying and back biting Disrespecting elders everyday I make a niyaah that I will stop but after a few hours find myself doing such bad things again. I've researched this and have found out that its evil whispers from the shaytaan. But I want to stop I'm tired of being this way its been going on like this for months. I don't feel close to Allah and just have no energy for anything. I ask for forgiveness to the Almighty Allah but what is the use if I can't stop? Please help me I Want to be a good Muslim just don't know what to do.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

Yes indeed satan is after you and will try hard to steal your interest. The foremost thing that he will hit is your piety and your steadfastness and your upright character.
So please dont be a target. Re-start everything by reciting astaghfarullah. This is one word extremely hated by satan because he never said sorry to Allah after refusing to bow to Prophet Adam.

So matter what eveil comes your way...even if by mistake you do evil...keep on reciting astaghfarullah and God will forgive your sins no matter how big it is.

Quran [39:53] Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Concentration In Prayer

Lack of concentration in prayer is a common problem. The following points will inshAllah reduce the problem.

1. Releive yourself of any bodily requirement prior to prayer. If you are hungry, have food 1st, and if you want to goto the toilet, do it or if you are in the middle of some work, finish it and then start your pray.

2. Switch off the mobiles, phone ringers etc that may disturb you in prayer

3. Do not pray in front of mirror or flashy objects that may steal your attention.

4. Before doing wudhu recite " Auzibillahiminashaitanarajeem - bismillahirahmanaraheem "

5. Dont rush to start your prayer, 1st make a niyat, take a deep breath and then softly say "Allah o Akbar" and start.

5. Recite surah fateha and make yourself understand its meanings. Then recite a short surah or if you have enough time then recite a long surah.

6. Once the surah recitation is complete say Allah O Akbar and do ruku. Dont give any gap and immediately in ruku start "Subhan rabiyal Azeem wa be hamdihi" and once you finish immediately get up and recite the next recitations. Please dont give any gap in between all these things otherwise your mind will start deviating and willl get lost in other thoughts.

7. Once salat is complete, dont rush for the next set, instead recite the tasbeeh and do dua to Allah and praise and thanks him for all he has given you.

8. Its best to offer only fardh and less sunnah/nafl in calm and good manner rather to pray a hundred rakaats hurriedly.

9. Spit three times to the left (light spit) in case shaitan has overcome you .

Bukhari Volumn 009, Book 087, Hadith Number 168.
Narated By Abu Salama : I used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard Abu Qatada saying, "I too, used to see a dream which would make me sick till I heard the Prophet saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you saw a dream which he liked, he should not tell it to anybody except to the one whom he loves, and if he saw a dream which he disliked, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell it to anybody, for it will not harm him."

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Muslim Teens

Ahmer Afaq

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce Diploma in Electronics Engg.