Muslim Teens/Self-harm.

Question
Assalamualaikum. I have a quick quewtion and i would really appreciate it if you had the time to answer it. I was wondering... what counts as self harm? I know it is forbidden in Islam. I was wondering wether it is still considered self harm if there is no blood. Just light scratches. And what else comes into this category. Thank you!

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Brother/Sister,

I apologise for the late reply. Hope you will forgive me.

Self harm - if it leads to suicide - will cause you to enter hell-fire. So please do not attempt it.

[Nisa 4:29] O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: But let there be amongst you Traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah/God has been to you Most Merciful!

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 670.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."

Moreover why do self harm - to please SATAN. No doubt its a thing that shows that you have lost all faith in Allah the almighty and fall into the hands of the enemy of Allah - the Satan.

Satan/Shaitan
-------------

[Quran 7:201] Verily, those who have Taqwa, when an evil thought comes to them from Shaytan, they remember (Allah), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

[Quran 7:202] But (as for) their brothers (the devils' brothers) they (the devils) plunge them deeper into error, and they never stop short.

[Quran 2:208] O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy.

[Quran 5:91] Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah (God), and from prayer: will you not then abstain?

[Quran 7:27] O you Children of Adam! let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as he got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their clothes, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where you cannot see them: We made the Evil Ones friends (only) to those without Faith.

[Quran 17:53] And say to My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaitan (Satan) verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is to man an open enemy.

[Quran 17:61] Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": they bowed down except Iblis: he said: "Shall I bow down to one whom you created from clay?"

[Quran 17:62] He/satan said: "See you ? This is the one whom you have honoured above me! If you will respite/grant me (liberty) till the Day of Judgment, I will surely bring his descendants under my sway, all but a few!"

[Quran 17:63] (Allah) said (to satan): "Go your way; if any of them follows you, indeed Hell will be the recompense/reward of you (all) - an ample recompense.

[Quran 17:64] "Lead to destruction those whom you can amongst them, with your (seductive) voice, make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them. "But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.

[Quran 17:65] "As for My servants, no authority shall you have over them: "Enough is your Lord for a Disposer of affairs.

[Quran 16:98] So when you recite the Qur'an, seek refuge with Allah from Shaytan, the outcast.

[Quran 16:99] Verily, he has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord.

[Quran 16:100] His power is only over those who obey and follow him (Shaytan), and those who join partners with Him (Allah).

[Quran 7:201] Verily, those who have Taqwa(fear of Allah), when an evil thought comes to them from Shaytan, they remember (Allah), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

[Quran 4:119] (said Shaitan) "I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by Allah." Whoever, forsaking Allah, takes Satan for a friend, has of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.

[Quran 22:53] That He (Allah) may make what is thrown in by shaitan (Satan) a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy and disbelief) and whose hearts are hardened. And certainly, the Zalimūn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) are in an opposition far-off (from the truth against Allah's Messenger and the believers).

[Quran 43:36] If anyone withdraws himself from remembrance of (Allah (God)) Most Gracious, We appoint for him an evil one, to be an intimate companion to him.

[Quran 43:37] Such (evil ones) really hinder them from the Path, but they think that they are being guided aright!

protection from satan/shaitan/
-----------------------------

Shahi Bukhari Volumn 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 514
-----------------------------------------------------
Narated By Abu Huraira : Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, "If one says one-hundred times in one day: "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Alone Who has no partners, to Him belongs Dominion and to Him belong all the Praises, and He has power over all things (i.e. Omnipotent)", one will get the reward of manumitting ten slaves, and one-hundred good deeds will be written in his account, and one-hundred bad deeds will be wiped off or erased from his account, and on that day he will be protected from the morning till evening from Satan, and nobody will be superior to him except one who has done more than that which he has done."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Muslim Teens

Ahmer Afaq