Mutual Funds/Expense Ratio

I understand that mutual fund expenses are taken from the net asset value (NAV) of a mutual fund.
If a mutual fund has an annual expense ratio of 0.70%, what percentage is taken from the NAV daily throughout the year?

I thank you for your reply.

Sorry to be dilatory about answering your question, but I had written to the ICC asking for a reply--and never received one.

I understand that expenses are subtracted from the nav every day--every day that the stock market is open. That's around 245 days. So, around 0.002857% is subtracted every day the market is open if the expense ratio is 0.70%. (That times 245 is 0.69999.)

I hope this helps.

Mutual Funds

Warren Boroson

Author of "Keys to Investing in Mutual Funds" (Barrons), "Ultimate Mutual Fund Guide" (Probus), "How to Pick Stocks Like Warren Buffett" (JKLasser), and "The Reverse Mortgage Advantage" (McGraw-Hill). Former financial columnist for Gannett News Service.

Author of 20 books; winner of 1996 Personal Finance award from Investment Company Institute and Washington University. Formerly on staffs of Money and Sylvia Porter's Magazine. Had a radio program (on WEVD) about mutual funds and a newsletter, FundDigest.