Mutual Funds/Percentage Increases

Question
Hello:

What is considered a good daily percentage increase for the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Standard and Poors 500, and the NASDAQ stock exchanges?

I thank you for your reply.

Answer
Hi. Im not sure how to answer the question regarding what is a "good" return, however, I can say that over long periods of time, the stock markets average between 10-11% per year. However, keep in mind this average consists of years that returns are much better and years where returns are worse; very rarely do the  markets actually return "average" in a given year. I hope this helps.

Mutual Funds

John D Smith, CFP