Mutual Funds/vanguard…VTSMX???

Question
Good morning,

I am presently retired with a stable income.  That said, I have a bit of extra cash not accruing any interest and am considering a Vanguard mutual fund…VTSMX.  My time horizon for this fund is 5-10 years…and I'm moderate to aggressive in terms of risk.

It will not be sheltered in any retirement tax deferred plan…and simply subject to taxes.

It is money I can afford to risk in the stock market which is why I'm leaning toward the total market index versus a SP500 Index fund.

Any thoughts whatsoever will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ron

Answer
Hi Ronald,

I have no idea about Mutual fund and tax liability in US, so I am unable to answer your question. Sorry for that.

But in my view; as US economy is stable now and going up move and may be it will be still in that way, you can use some balance fund (up to 50% equity and debt). In India we put our money in Mutual fund called Monthly Income Plan (MIP) in which up to 80% in debt, up to 15% in equity).

Thank you for your question.

DD
Financial Advisor
India  

Mutual Funds

Devendra Dave