Mutual Funds/Mutual Fund for Beginner

Question
Hello,

I am a novice when it comes to mutual funds, but I've recently come into some money and I'm looking to invest.  I'm looking to invest about $40,000 to $50,000, but I'm nervous due to my lack of expertise in this area.  Any specific advice on how to get started and what to invest in?

Thanks,
    Mike

Answer
Hi. Your question is a good one. Its difficult to provide specific mutual fund recommendations since how you should invest your $$ is based on many factors that are specific to you such as your risk tolerance, length of time before you spend the $$, your required or desired rate of return, etc. Instead, I will direct you to a website that I feel offers great educational content along with tools to help get you headed in the right direction. If after reviewing this information you have specific questions, please let me know. www.vanguard.com - go to the personal investors section of the website and then the planning/education tab. I hope this helps!

Mutual Funds

John D Smith, CFP