Mutual Funds/Mutual Fund for Beginner

I am a novice when it comes to mutual funds, but I've recently come into some money and I'm looking to invest.  I'm looking to invest about $40,000 to $50,000, but I'm nervous due to my lack of expertise in this area.  Any specific advice on how to get started and what to invest in?

Hi. Your question is a good one. Its difficult to provide specific mutual fund recommendations since how you should invest your $$ is based on many factors that are specific to you such as your risk tolerance, length of time before you spend the $$, your required or desired rate of return, etc. Instead, I will direct you to a website that I feel offers great educational content along with tools to help get you headed in the right direction. If after reviewing this information you have specific questions, please let me know. - go to the personal investors section of the website and then the planning/education tab. I hope this helps!

Mutual Funds

John D Smith, CFP

I can answer detailed questions regarding mutual fund investing, retirement planning, education planning and related comprehensive wealth management and investment concerns.

I have been providing fee only investment management and comprehensive wealth management services for the past 19 years.

I have a degree in Financial Planning & Counseling and I am also a Certified Financial Planner practitioner.