Mutual Funds/total net asset

Isn't the TNA (total net assets) amount controlled by supply and demand. For ex say a ETF TNA is 3.5bn. If a investor wanted to invest 6 bn in the ETF would the TNA increase to accomadate his order

The assets of an ETF would be determined by supply and demand as well as pricing of its holdings. Retail investors buy and sell ETFs in the secondary market while institutional investors buy and sell directly with the ETF(Issuer)in large quantities called creation units. Assets would go up if there an increase in demand for creation units.

I hope this helps.

Mutual Funds

Michael Weiss, CFA

I can answer most questions about mutual funds.

I am the owner of Series 7 Exam Tutor , a financial tutoring business that provides personalized tutoring for the Series 7 Exam, the Series 6 Exam ,the Series 65 Exam, the Series 66 Exam, the Series 63 Exam and the Series 24 Exam . I also offer tutoring for finance courses. For additional information, please visit, Finance Exam Tutor. Prior to launching Series 7 Exam Tutor, I worked in investments for 20 years with the majority of this time focused on investment analysis and portfolio management. I have worked for large companies such as Merrill Lynch and Evergreen Investments and have also worked for smaller firms as well. Throughout my career, I have sought to mentor younger colleagues whenever possible, especially those enrolled in the CFA program. I completed the CFA program in 2002 after passing all three exams on the first try. I also passed the Series 7 Exam with a score of 94%. For additional information about me, you can visit the links below:

CFA Institute and CFA Society of Philadelphia

M.B.A. in Finance & Investments from the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College and a B.A. in Finance & Economics from the City University of New York - Baccalaureate Program.