Mutual Funds/Net Asset Value & Offer Price

Where can the net asset value (NAV) and the offer price for mutual funds be found or determined?

I thank you for your reply."

ANSWER: Hi. The simplest way to look them up is to go to finance website such as Yahoo or Google finance and type in the mutual fund ticker symbol. I hope this helps!

I want to thank you for the reply.  The net asset value is shown at most of these websites but where is the offer price?

I thank you for your follow-up reply.

Hi Kenneth. For open end mutual funds, the NAV is the offer price. At the end of each day, the share price is calculated and this is what the fund is either bought or sold for that day. If you are inquiring about closed end mutual funds, then these are priced differently in which you have what is called a NAV and the bid or ask price which can be different than the NAV. If you take the ticker symbol of a closed end mutual fund you have interest in and plug this into one of the finance sites, then it will provide this information. I hope this helps!

Mutual Funds

John D Smith, CFP

I can answer detailed questions regarding mutual fund investing, retirement planning, education planning and related comprehensive wealth management and investment concerns.

I have been providing fee only investment management and comprehensive wealth management services for the past 19 years.

I have a degree in Financial Planning & Counseling and I am also a Certified Financial Planner practitioner.