MySQL/Mysql search database

I would like to create a database on medical matters where people can search the database to get the results

I have tried this with manually adding the entries to the database but this would take years. Is there a way I could have a script that would get the content from medical websites and populate my database sort of like a search engine indexer.

Dear Sam

There is an open source project called Sphider Pro. This will allow you to login to the admin area and input the domain names of the medical websites you wish to index. Once the indexer has run it would find all the links on that website and index each page. say the medical website has 2500 links, all you would do is enter the the main domain name and click index. it would then populate you database with all the key words, page descriptions and meta data from all them links. This would take around an hour for that many links.

Once you search via search term it would select all the links from the database that match the search term

Please have a look at

stuart gregory

PHP html, xhtml, css coding and MySQL

My experiance is all first had as I am web developer and I have, and do build many websites all using php and mysql. This ranges from building a simple search engine to secure php login scripts. Some websites like are complete database driven websites.

I have a large number of websites which I host and maintain, such as.

Web application development. (Open University) BSC Honers Computing and development (Open University)