MySQL/license issue - vb6-mysql server

hi, i made a system using vb6 and my database is on a mysql server on different machine runs in windows server. do i need some kind of license like CAL since my vb6 application connects to my mysql server on a machine that runs on a windows server? i have odbc data source configuration on the client pc (control panel-administrative tools-data sources (ODBC)). please help!

thank you very much and i am looking forward to this!

Dear Sir

I have only just been notified in relation to your question. I see that It is an old question now.

As far as I have come across no you do not need a License as pretty much all server software is open source unless you require it packaged together.

stuart gregory

PHP html, xhtml, css coding and MySQL

My experiance is all first had as I am web developer and I have, and do build many websites all using php and mysql. This ranges from building a simple search engine to secure php login scripts. Some websites like are complete database driven websites.

I have a large number of websites which I host and maintain, such as.

Web application development. (Open University) BSC Honers Computing and development (Open University)