MySQL/Error message to explain

Would you please explain to me what this error is about :
An error occurred during the attempt to connect to the database with the parameters  Details :
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Login timeout expired QODBC3: Unable to connect

The point of the server not found or not accessible and the establish connection are the points to look at.

Are you using one server to connect to another server?

if so they you need to make sure that the database server allows remote connections. Servers are setup to allow internal (Localhost) connections only and need to be configured for remote connections.

Server not found. is the server actually on and can you ping the server ip address?

stuart gregory

PHP html, xhtml, css coding and MySQL

My experiance is all first had as I am web developer and I have, and do build many websites all using php and mysql. This ranges from building a simple search engine to secure php login scripts. Some websites like are complete database driven websites.

I have a large number of websites which I host and maintain, such as.

Web application development. (Open University) BSC Honers Computing and development (Open University)