Mythology/horned beast carving on headboard

My husbands family has a carved headboard that had ben in the family for at least 4 generations, it had the carving of a horned beast-man on the headboard, drawer pulls and armoire, we were wondering if it was a satyr or Morpheus, as someone had once suggested.... Any way we could determine what it is?

Dear Candy,

I think based on what you are telling me that this should be a satyr
Does the figure have a beard ? and feet like a goat ?
These things are basic satyr attributes

Morpheus looks more like a bearded man and is shown in dreams as the messenger of gods

I hope this answers the question satisfactory

Kind Regards

Frank Terveen

I am a long time member of mythological creatures here at all experts I specialize in Greek Mythology and Norse Mythology I also have a lot of knowledge of cross over usage of mythology in books and current day affairs

I have been reading almost everything I could find about Norse and Greek mythology since I was seven. I have written a paper about the story of Eros and Psyche I have done extensive research after the parallels between Greek mythology and the bible

I followed a few classes at university about Greek mythology.