Mythology/Information about a greek god

Question
1
1  

2
2  
Dear ,

Kindly find the attached images , i want to know information about this greek god mythology .

Thank you

Answer
Hi Tarek,

well this is a rather strange statue since it has features of different characters. There are features of Pan/ satyr, Priapus & possibly the Egyptian Bes.

*Pan was a half-goat god, as were the satyrs, who were known to be sexually active and frolicked a lot with nymphs.
*Priapus was deformed since birth by a curse from Hera, being ugly and having a painfully large ever-erect penis, and he roamed with the satyrs and Pan.
*Bes was part lion, a dwarf and also a fertility symbol sometimes pictured with the erect penis.

I would rule out Bes for the statue looks more goat-like and not as plump as Bes is usually depicted. Pan and the satyrs, although sexually mad and savage, are not usually depicted with the erect penis.

so I would rather go with Priapus, son of Aphrodite and Dionysus.

I hope this helps... if you require any other info on the subject I would be more than glad to help!

best regards,
S.

Mythology

Sean Caruana Webster

I became interested in the subject at a very early age, and learnt more and more as I grew up by visiting libraries and browsing through the internet. I believe to have a very wide knowledge on the subject.

Primary (3-10 years), Secondary (10-16 years) and Post-secondary (16-19 years) education.