Mythology/How did Heracles get his strength.

Dear Mr Terveen,
I have read a lot about the exploits of Heracles. He just won his battles just because he was strongest man in the then world. My question is, how did Heracles gain his strength? For as far as I know, no other mortal son of Zeus was ever born with such strength.

Dear Adwait,

you are right Heracles is the only one of Zeus' sons that had this enormous strength.
But even with that he was unable to accomplish all his tasks.
Of course it did help a lot but not all of his 12 tasks could be overcome by sheer brute strength.

Apart from the amount of strength he got from being a demi god he was also trained by the centaurs and it could be argued that half men half horse people generally will have more strength.

On the other hand other sons of Zeus were very strong yet we can state Heracles was the strongest

Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply

Frank Terveen

I am a long time member of mythological creatures here at all experts I specialize in Greek Mythology and Norse Mythology I also have a lot of knowledge of cross over usage of mythology in books and current day affairs

I have been reading almost everything I could find about Norse and Greek mythology since I was seven. I have written a paper about the story of Eros and Psyche I have done extensive research after the parallels between Greek mythology and the bible

I followed a few classes at university about Greek mythology.