Mythology/Natural Forces

Question
Good Day, Sir
I was trying to read the Illiad, the original translated version. Over there it is mentioned that Poseidon was the god of natural forces. Did Homer mean "natural forces" as in "natural disasters"?
Thanks
Adwait

Answer
Hi Adwait,

what I think Homer might be referring to in that statement was that Poseidon, apart from being god of the sea, was also god of earthquakes which he caused by plunging the ends of his trident into the rocks on which the land stood.

if you may be so kind as to copy and paste the paragraph where this is written, i could be sure what it actually means.

regards,
Sean

Mythology

Sean Caruana Webster

I became interested in the subject at a very early age, and learnt more and more as I grew up by visiting libraries and browsing through the internet. I believe to have a very wide knowledge on the subject.

Primary (3-10 years), Secondary (10-16 years) and Post-secondary (16-19 years) education.