Mythology/Roman myth

Question
Hello,
I am trying to locate this story I heard awhile ago, but I have forgotten where I heard it from. I believe it is Greek/Roman myth. This is what I remembered from the story. It is about a woman who has two sons (I believe it was two sons, maybe one). Her sons are incredibly obedient and overall great human beings. The woman prayed to the Gods that her sons be remembered as great humans beings by everyone forever. So the gods killed her sons because that was the only way they can be immortalized. I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Answer
I'm afraid you really stymied on this. I re-read Castor and Pollux, Calais and Zetes and even Polyneices and Eteocles, but I didn't find a story similar to it. It could be one of Aesop's Fables or a Grimm Fairy Tale, but I couldn't find this story. I did find a link about mothers in mythology: http://voices.yahoo.com/infamous-moms-greek-mythology-1351933.html?cat=37 - I apologize for not being able to help.  

Mythology

William C. Uchtman