Mythology/Roman myth

I am trying to locate this story I heard awhile ago, but I have forgotten where I heard it from. I believe it is Greek/Roman myth. This is what I remembered from the story. It is about a woman who has two sons (I believe it was two sons, maybe one). Her sons are incredibly obedient and overall great human beings. The woman prayed to the Gods that her sons be remembered as great humans beings by everyone forever. So the gods killed her sons because that was the only way they can be immortalized. I hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

I'm afraid you really stymied on this. I re-read Castor and Pollux, Calais and Zetes and even Polyneices and Eteocles, but I didn't find a story similar to it. It could be one of Aesop's Fables or a Grimm Fairy Tale, but I couldn't find this story. I did find a link about mothers in mythology: - I apologize for not being able to help.  

William C. Uchtman

I have done research into gods and goddesses and have written brief descriptions of them. I have attempted to scale out family trees as I have already seen with the Olympian gods. I have tried to condense entire pantheons by attributing extra names or aliases to one deity. I have also made efforts to parallel myths with ancient history. I am not an expert nor do I hold any degrees. I am a self-taught person with a lot of otherwise useless information.

No real-world experience

Former Mythology Expert to the Marvel Comics Appendix, former researcher to the Marvel Universe Handbooks

Contributor/Researcher to the Offifical Handbook of the Marvel Universe

No such credentials/Self-Educated

None so far